Thursday, July 24, 2008

About The Tile Lady



I began my artistic endeavors in the 60's, working in oils, and I still love that medium. However, a love for beautiful ceramics pieces, including Aesthetic, Delft and Arts and Crafts style tiles prompted me to seek instruction in 2003 in various glazing techniques from a prominent ceramic artist in Texas . Since that time my passion for creating beautiful hand-painted glazes on tile has developed into a business. The following examples of my work are available for purchase either as a group of loose tiles suitable for installation as bathroom or kitchen backsplashes, countertops and borders or as a focal point behind a stove. Or these tile pictures will be purchased mounted on board, grouted, and can be professionally framed, for hanging on any wall in your home. [a few I have in stock are already framed] The tilework is not suitable for outdoor installation or use, but will withstand normal cleaning with soap or mild detergent, and the humidity generated in a bathroom environment or behind a stove. They are completely glazed stoneware. All glaze colors and artistic renditions of subjects will be slightly different as each tile is hand-done by me before firing, but I make every effort to recreate what is shown in the photograph as closely as humanly possible. If you wish for any color changes from what is shown, reasonable requests will be honored, but the shipping time will be increased by three weeks (or four weeks for large orders) to allow for the personal attention your tiles will need. Tiles are pre-manufactured and will easily "match" mass-produced tiles. They are either approximately 4" or approximately 6", and will be specified in the description. All work is completely guaranteed to your satisfaction.

5 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful. Is this one mine?

Latane Barton said...

I would like to order this piece. Please contact me.

Lepidoptera said...

Your tile work is beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. I will definitely be praying for you and your husband. Thank you so much for your encouraging words!

Reader Wil said...

I am glad to have met you and seen your beautiful tiles. And I thank you for your heartwarming words on my blog.

A Colorful World said...

Lepidoptera and Reader Wil,

Thanks so much for stopping by my tile blog and for your kind words!

Marie